Welcome to my site! Please leave your pawprints in my guestbook.

Monday 24 March 2008

Easter at Mississippi

My cousin Charlotte and pretty Tesla have been very bored at home. As soon as Tesla got rid of her troublesome cone we made plans to visit Socks, Scylla and Charybdis at their property by the Mississippi coast during Easter. It would be lovely to see Socks and the girls again.

Just as I was ready to teleport a beautiful basket of flowers arrived from my sweetheart, Socks, and his lovely sisters, Scylla and Charybdis. Wonder if they were pickings from their greenhouse.


Since we are going for a picnic I have also packed an Easter gift basket containing special treats for all, including our host kitties' human family ....


Spring has come to the south! And that meant we could enjoy the outdoors. While the girls were busy setting up the picnic, Socks took the visitors to have a look at the solar fountain....

l. to r. Tesla, Charlotte, Momo, Socks

After a leisurely picnic, we all lazed around the beautiful Butterfly garden for a siesta. I just loved that elegant butterfly bench but Socks and the girls preferred the warm stones and soft grass.

l. to r. Scylla looking up at the butterflies, Charybdis, Momo on the bench, Socks curling up to nap underneath, Tesla sitting on the rock, Charlotte beside the bush, all with our favourite drinks.

Next, Charybdis showed us the geese family. Their mom warned us that the geese could be very vicious so we took the precaution of keeping our distance.

l. to r. Charybdis at the far left corner, Charlotte and Momo at the left lower corner and Tesla peering out from the large pot on the patio.

The girls then retired to the family room to show Charlotte and Tesla the photos we took in Ireland and what they brought back from Munich while Socks and I explored the piles of rocks around the property and have some time chatting together.


On our way back we stopped by the pond to take a look at the nest of the goose......


Instead, I was transfixed by what looked like a giant owl (biggify the picture and see if you see what I thought I saw). Socks laughed and said it was only a tree trunk. One of my Don Quixote moments, I suppose. Or perhaps I should ask SS to take me to the kitty optometrist for a pair of glasses, something stylish like Tybalt's would be fine by me.

In the late afternoon, their dad took us out on a boat to the nearby Cat Island.


Cat Island is a barrier island off the Mississippi coast. The island is named for racoons that early explorers mistook for cats. The island has a unique "T-shape" created by the colliding currents of the Gulf of Mexico. Its marshes and beaches provide a refuge for alligators and migratory birds. During WWII the island was a base for training army dogs.

We didn't stay too long because Tesla mom was anxious about her since this was her first ever long trip away from home. Thanks to Socks and his sisters for inviting us to a lovely Easter outing.

26 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow! You and Charlotte have wonderful adventures. We love to read about them. :)

Gemini and Ichiro said...

What a lovely way to spend Easter afternoon you all!

Karen Jo said...

That was a great day to spend Easter. I see now that the "large bird of prey" that I thought I saw is a broken off tree stump.

Parker said...

What a great way to spend a lovely Easter afternoon!

Tommy and Teaghan said...

What a delightful day you had. Thank you for sharing the pictures of such a beautiful place.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

MoMo our Mommy & Daddy were very touched by the Easter Basket you brought us. Thank you for bringing it. We are enjoying it a great deal.

Enjoyed your visit, wish you could have stayed longer. Please feel free to teleport over anytime.

Socks, Scylla & Charybdis

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Wow, you have the best adventures! Please come back soon and join us again! We can go to the Pentagon!!!

dennis said...

Dennis likes Cat island! except for possible alligators.

Jans Funny Farm said...

Looks like a lovely day and a fun visit.

Sassy Kat said...

Looks like you are having a wonderful adventure down in the south. What beautiful weather, I sure wish we had some of that up here this way. I think it is great to have an island named CAT, perfect name for any island. Have a fun time and be sure to fill me in on all of the smallest details once you get back home. Have fun being all!

Sassy Kat said...

When you get back stop on over, I have tagged you. I think it is a real fun one!

The Crew said...

MoMo dear, you always have the most wonderful adventures!

Tipper & Misty

Tybalt said...

What a lovely and peaceful Easter you had with your sweetie Socks!

Thanks for thinking my glasses are stylish. ;) Maggie and Zoey of Zoolatry helped pick them out.

snowforest said...

Looks as if you had a wonderful time! Happy Easter to all of you :)

Dma said...

looks like u had quite the easter. beautiful part of the country u live in...

Asta said...

Momo sissy
What a bootiful place to spend Eastew!! Socks, Scylla and Chawybdis suwe awe vewy nice hosts..I love youw basket that you bwought..That "owl" looked kind of scawy, and I don't think I would like alligatows, but how cool to have a whole island named fow catses...thank you fow shawing the pictoowes..
Sissy, I would gladly shawe all my ham with you anytime!
smoochie kisses
Asta

Moki The Wobbly Cat said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Easter outting!

Anonymous said...

how lovely! and we're sure we see an owl too!

Sassy Kat said...

Got your message, blogger is just messing you up because I can visit you. I hope blogger starts being nicer to you soon.

Juno said...

Sissy!! This is an ideal way to spend your Easter!! Very nice!

Momo & Pinot

Tesla and Hansel said...

SANK yoo fur taking mez wif yoo. It was very fun!

neverfull said...

momo- your adventures are so amazing! i thought going to petsmart was fun, but your adventures look so much funner! i'm glad you can enjoy it with friends too. thanks for checking in on my blog :)

hello

Sassy Kat said...

If the blogger monster goes away stop on over and check things out!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh, dat did look like a giant owl until we biggified. What a lovely Easter yoo had.

Maya and Kena said...

Hi Momo!
Oh wow, what a nice Easter day you had with your pals!! Hee hee... we saw the "owl" too!
Sorry we hadn't visited in a while.... we have been really busy at home and just started catching up.
Wags and licks,
Maya and Kena

Asta said...

Momo
Sissy,
I am so vewy sowwy youw sweet Socks got injoowed..I visited him and am cwossing my paws and sending healing smoochie kisses..I hope you awe not tewwibly sad
love and smoochie kisses
Asta