Welcome to my site! Please leave your pawprints in my guestbook.

Tuesday 14 June 2011

My doggie siblings and furriends

This post is about my doggie siblings and furriends.

My oldest furriend and sissy is my namesake Momo. When I first started blogging I googled my name and found this cutie pie from Canada. SS and I visited her and we became sissies. Since I was a stray and don't really know my real birthday I took on her birthday because that was also very close to my Gotcha Day. Later, her brother, Pinot, came and he also became my brother. Pictured with them here is Momo Pinot Gris, a wine from New Zealand named after us.



Momo is the one on the right.

Then came Asta, the fashionista from the Big Apple, who is familiar to many in the Cat Blogosphere. We have had many adventures together around the world over the years.


photo by Zoolatry

Magnificient Khyra needs no introduction. She is a well-known figure in both the cat and dog blogging world. She is a frequent visitor to many kitties and woofies and very active in promoting animal welfare.



The youngest of my doggie pals is Fenris, my boyfurriend Socks's sibling...



Last but not least I would like to present my angel doggie siblings, Lucko and Happy, who went to the Bridge before I came...



Lucko (LoLo) was one of the two puppies of SS's sister's pair of Australian Silky Terriers. When SS's father passed away he came to keep SS's mother company, but somehow everyone considered him to be SS's dog. He was much loved by the entire extended family. When he went to the Bridge, he was over 15 years old and was buried in the corner of our back garden by his favourite tree.



Happy was SS very first pet. He was given to SS by her brother. SS was so happy to have her very own dog that she just named him Happy. He went to the Bridge many years ago. He was very ill for some time towards the end but managed to hang in there until SS returned home from studying abroad. He died peacefully a couple of days after SS's return. SS still cries when she thinks of him after all these years.

15 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

That is a wonderful bunch of friends fur sure pretty MoMo!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Furry furry khool of woo to share your khanine pals!

One of them looks khwite familiar to me ;-)

Thanks fur sharing your post with me!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: The Doggy Nanny had some Pinot Grigio at dinner tonight - Mom has opened her eyes to ABC - anything but chardonnay!

Jans Funny Farm said...

Amazing how thinking of a long gone furry can still bring tears. Thanks for sharing your friends.

Mr Puddy said...

I didn't know you have so many woofies friend. May be it's a great idea to be their friends so they won't bark or eat us, I think.

I'm so sorry about some of your friend, Momo
and Big Hugs to your mommy
xoxo

PS : Mom wonder what's Momo wine taste like ; )

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Wow! Look at all those pups you have as friends!

Willow said...

Momo you are a regular social butterfly making friends with all of those doggies.
Maybe it is because of the love from your two previous dog siblings.

The Island Cats said...

Thanks for introducing us to your woofie furiends, Momo, 'specially Lucko and Happy who came before.

Fuzzy Tales said...

Momo, you have a terrific woofie extended "family!" Thanks for sharing your post and introducing us to them all!

Cory said...

Woofies are awesome! We miss our woofies who have gone to the Bridge and we get to share our lives with our silly, loving, crazy woofie Grete.

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

Nice to see photos of your siblings and my sissie Asta.

Alasandra, The Cats and Dogs said...

We enjoyed learning about Lucko and Happy. Australian Silky Terriers are very pretty, we (including Mommy) have never seen one in person.

Fenris was thrilled to be featured in your post.

Tigger said...

Mom says your furry friends are very cute! Personally, I would not tolerate them...you are a good kitty!

Juno said...

Oh sissy.... our mom finally helped us to come by your blog tonight!! This is a wonderful wonderful post!!

I Momo remember the time we met for the very first time and we'd shared many good memories... and we'll enjoy our journey together. :) :)

And..... thanks so much for sharing photos of two beautiful doggie sibs. Mom is totally relates to what your SS feels... She still cries whenever she thinks about her very first doggie (Doberman girl).

We're hoping to update our blog soon and we'd love to link this post to ours....

hugs
Momo & Pinot

Quill and Greyson said...

What a sweet post MoMo!!

Asta said...

Dawling Momo sissie
I'm so vewy honowed to be counted in that bootiful gwoop of family and fwiends..I have loved you fwom the fiwst time we met and tweasoowe all the times we have spent togethew..i hope thewe will be many mowe.
Youw angel woofies look like they wewe vewy special and I know thay will be waiting fow SS and the west of us at the bwidge .

We awe all lucky to shawe all the love
smoochie kisses
ASTA