Although I have only been a member of the Cat Blogosphere for about 4 months I have made many friends and learnt quite a few things.
If you sophisticated kitties promise not to laugh at me for being an ignorant puss, I shall share them here with you.
1. I didn't know what a cat tree was. The only trees that I knew were the ones in gardens and on roadside.
High points for me aren't top of bookshelves or cupboards but top of the jacaranda trees and roof.
2. Nip - Australian kitties don't react to catnip. The gene responsible for the reaction has been bred out of them.
3. Toys - I never knew that there were specific cat toys. I used to play with whatever there was in the back garden - flowers, leaves and lemons that have fallen from the trees, insects, lizards, mice, birdies and butterflies until SS bought a small ball for me from the pet shop after reading about toys other cats have in the CB.
4. Gotcha Day - I never knew what a Gotcha Day was. I still don't know mine.
5. Habits of indoor kitties - I have always been an outdoor kitty and stay indoors for a very short period of time each day. Hence, I expand my destructive energy on plants, garden posts and furniture rather than lounges, curtains and cushions. Thundering herds of elephants are relatively quiet on grass. I don't have a specific scratching post - I scratch on trunks of trees and rose bushes. SS never chastises me for it. I sleep in a box lined with SS's old clothes or newspapers; the box and lining get changed frequently because I like new boxes and linings. Gizzy quilt is something of an unattainable luxury. The closest I get to that is half of the Turkish rug under gran's rocking chair.